Friday, November 13, 2009

It's All About Color

It's a dreary, cold day in Boston. After several recent warmer-than-normal days with brilliant sunshine, today's weather seems hellbent on making my mood as gray as the skies outside. Add to that the fact that I didn't sleep well, and you have a foreboding forecast for this house.

Then, as I was perusing a November 1957 magazine seeking inspiration for today's blog post, I suddenly came across this ad for Jantzen separates.

You know what? I don't have to reach for black or gray in my closet today. I don't even have to reach for brown or beige. I'm going to wear turquoise today! It's one of my favorite colors, it makes my skin glow, and it is sure to brighten my mood automatically. It's going to be a good day.

It's all about color.

UPDATE: Put on my turquoise top and promptly dripped blueberry yougurt smoothie down the front. Green. Green works just as well, doesn't it? Have a great Friday, all!